Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lunchtime in Savannah

We went to Uncle Bubba's Oyster House Saturday 09/17/11 for lunch. No wait and we were seated promptly. Our server was great and made certain that we had an enjoyable lunch. We went in with no expectations but we did know about the association with Paula Deen. I really enjoyed my meal at Uncle Bubba's. The bite size corn muffins with honey butter are a nice start. We ordered the conch fritters appetizer and I have to say, along with the key lime pie, were better than any I've ever had in the keys. Light, not greasy, nicely spiced with great conch flavor. I had the Shrimp and Grits entre and my lunch companion had the Low Country Boil. Both entrees were vey good. The shrimp in both of our lunches were cooked perfectly. Finally for desert we had the Key Lime Pie. Just fabulous. The crust went beyond the basics with the addition of slivered almonds. It was buttery and sweet and the perfect foil for the tart, creamy filling. All of it topped off with a generous dollop of perfectly whipped cream. I can't recommend it highly enough. 
The space is nice. A large restaurant with a big bar, outside dinning and great marsh views. Family photos are hung around the restaurant giving it nice feel and at the same time highlighting the connection to the Deen family. 
I enjoyed Uncle Bubba's and will make an effort to go back if I'm ever in the Savannah area again.

No comments:

Post a Comment