Friday, September 9, 2011

Getting to know you - Savannah GA & Hilton Head SC

While I'm living in South Carolina I'm going to try and visit the sites both here and in the surrounding states. One of my first forays will be to Savannah GA and Hilton Head SC. 

I've wanted to visit Savannah ever since I read the book Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil. I want to visit the downtown Historic District, the famous squares and of course the Bird Girl statue in the Bonaventure Cemetery. I'm going to try to have lunch at The Lady & Sons too. I've heard so much about Paula Deene's place over the years I just have to go. And I really want to try the hoe cakes. Savannah also has a riverwalk which I want to see. I enjoy the riverwalk in San Antonio and I'd like to see how the one in Savannah compares

Hilton Head has been on my radar for a while now. Friends and family have been telling me for years how great the area is. Now I'll finally get to experience it first hand. I'm looking forward to learning about the island's history and eating at A Lowcountry Backyard. I'm head over heels for pimento cheese and shrimp & grits and both of these favorites are on the menu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment