Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Lady and Sons Savannah GA


One of my must do's when visiting Savannah GA was to dine at Paula Deen's Lady & Sons restaurant. I was in Savannah on Friday and got to do just that. We had heard so much about the potential wait that we had no idea what to expect. We took a chance and walked over from our hotel on Friday evening. When we arrived there were only a couple of people in line at the hostess stand. We spoke to the hostess and found out we could be seated upstairs immediately.
The restaurant is in a multi-storied building with lots of dining spaces. We sat in the third floor dining area (accessible by elevator) adjacent to the bar.
We were greeted promptly by our server, drink orders taken and menus dropped off. Not long after we were treated to some delicious Hoe Cakes and Cheddar Biscuits, a Lady and Sons tradition. Both were very tasty and a nice start to our meal.
We looked over the menu and selected a couple of appetizers and our entrees. We started with the Shore Seafood Dip and the Fried Green Tomatoes. We enjoyed them both with the seafood dip taking the lead spot for me. I decided on the buffet so that I could try several different dishes and my husband had the Chicken Pot Pie. The Chicken Pot Pie was very pretty. A lovely lattice crust over what looked like a very generous portion of pot pie filling. I was told it was very good. The buffet was really nice. I got to try Paula's fried chicken, greens, mac&cheese and some very tasty yams. The buffet also included a low country boil which consists of shrimp, sausage, potatoes and corn all boiled together in a seasoned broth. It was easily the highlight of the buffet. A definite must try.  For dessert there was Gooey Butter Cake. Overall, the food from start to finish was very good.
 I enjoyed my experience at The Lady & Sons. If you are any kind of Paula, Jamie & Bobby Deen fan put it on your must do list. You won't be sorry you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment