Tuesday, December 31, 2013

So long 2013 and thanks for the memories...



I had it in mind to do a list of the HappiTraveler highlights for 2013. This won't be a top 10 list exactly but please indulge me while I take a look back at the past twelve months.


Well, for starters, the Dining Companion and I spent time in four different parts of the country in 2013. Lots of moving hither and yon without a lot of downtime. That's actually a good thing but makes for a very hectic year.

Finally got out to the West Coast to visit family for a few days of laughter and fun. We enjoyed our visit to California and look forward to getting back there. Much fun was had by all.



Also got to visit my East Coast family. The trip became a whirlwind when airline delays lopped over a day off of the trip. It was a super quick trip but we had a great time.


This is also the year I finally ate, what for me, was the best BBQ in the country. I have no doubt.



We ate a lot of good food. Not all of it was great but we landed on that side more often than not. Some of it was even memorable. (see BBQ mentioned above)





 And last but not least we got a dog. She's a great traveler, a must in this family, and has brought more happiness to us than we could have thought possible.


We feel blessed and thankful for everything. Including the ups and downs, the high and lows and all of the in betweens we had in 2013.

I hope your coming year is filled with Health, Happiness and Prosperity and all of the people and things that bring you joy.

Happy 2014!

Note: We visited the San Jacinto monument this week. I'll be posting about that coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment