Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Como's Pete's #4 - Greenville, SC

Como's Pete's #4 combines two of my favorite things: diners and cheeseburgers. The story of Como's Pete's #4 is an interesting one that goes back to the 1930's. Pete's is a burger and hotdog place and quite a bit more. They have a pretty diverse menu but all of my diner favorites are there. However, the reason I was there was to try their Pimento Cheeseburger.

Pimento Cheeseburger
Somewhere in there is a very tasty Chicken Salad Sandwich


Steak fries are a favorite of mine so I was happy to see them on the menu. It's a toss up between crinkle cut or steak fries for me. "Shoestring" style fries make me sad. I could never understand the love but I know they have their fans.

The burger was a typical flat top cooked burger. True to its diner roots my burger was well done and basically seasoned. Nothing gourmet here. But I wasn't expecting anything else. It's the magic of the pimento cheese that transforms something so ordinary into something so damn good.

The Dining Companion had the Homemade Chicken Salad Sandwich. He said it was good. From what I could see it was an overstuffed sandwich on Texas toast, served with slaw and a small salad. Looked good to me.




I have no doubt that Como's Pete's #4 will be around for a long time. It's been around for a long time already after all. While I might not make a special trip to visit it is definitely worth a stop if you're in the area.

One of these days I'm going to compile a list of all of the burger places we've visited, There have been so many. A few clinkers in the bunch sure but a few gems as well.

Happy dining!

Note: We'll be on the road again in the next week or so. Heading back to the gulf coast and out of this area for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, heavens! And us planning a trip to Greenville in January, too! *adds to the list*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read all about your trip. Enjoy!
      Thanks for the comment.

      Delete