Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Boomys Bar - Savannah, Georgia

Taking a stroll through Savannah's Historic District the Dining Companion and I almost walked right past Boomys Bar. Almost. The DC noticed a beer special so we stopped in.
Boomys Bock
The bar was pretty empty when we were there. I have a feeling that calm state doesn't last very long. Our plan was to grab a go-cup of beer and continue our walk. That was the plan but you know what they say about plans. We took a seat and a look around.

While we were sitting there enjoying our beer the Dining Companion pointed out the slushy machines behind the bar. Jameson and Ginger Slushee's? Yes, yes, yes! I love a good slushy machine drink. Everything from a daiquiri to a frozen Rum Runner to a frozen Jack and Coke. This Jameson and Ginger was perfect. I immediately ordered one.

Jameson and Ginger Slushee
Good beer at a great price AND awesome slushy drinks? How could it get better? Thai food. The answer is Thai food and Boomys has it.

So to recap, Boomys has awesome drinks, good beer, a great happy hour, Thai food and live music. Did I mention the live music before? No, well, they have that too.

I know I don't need to say it but I will. If I lived anywhere near this place it would be my go to bar. No question. All I can do right now is plot my return and I am. I so am.

Happy travels!




No comments:

Post a Comment