Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Red River Bar-B-Que and Grill - League City, Texas


I was pretty sure that I was all done with reviewing BBQ joints. I wasn't sure what else there was to say about it. Then I had lunch at Red River Bar-B-Que & Grill and found that one more thing.



The BBQ at Red River was good for the most part. Sadly and surprisingly the brisket was disappointing and not that great which is very unusual for this area. The sliced pork tenderloin however more than made up for it and was one of the reasons we would consider going back. But that wasn't the one more thing, this was.....

Giant gulf shrimp jalapeno poppers. Two great things that are great together.

The giant gulf shrimp jalapeno poppers
I love jalapeno poppers and shrimp and these did not disappoint. I thought at first that the pepper's heat would cover the taste of the shrimp but not at all. The tastes were all there and played well together. I'm not sure if this is a new item or just new to me or if it's local to the Houston area. Whatever the case may be, if you see them on a menu I recommend that you give them a try. 

There are a couple more menu items I'd like to try. Specifically the ribs and the bar-b-que spuds. But for sure these great jalapeno poppers will be on the table too.

So that's it for BBQ until I get the chance to visit Memphis or at least until another undiscovered (at least by me) interesting item is on the menu.

Happy dining!

No comments:

Post a Comment