Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fong's Pizza - Des Moines, Iowa



One of the last places we visited in Des Moines was also one of the most unique. We stopped in at Fong's Pizza. This place is a mash up of a lot of good stuff. Most well known for their unusual pizza combos Fong's also does salads and sandwiches and has a list of Tiki drinks a mile long.

Pick your poison!


We took a seat at the bar and took a look around.




This is not a great picture but the Origami Swan mobile is pretty cool so I'm putting it here anyway

The usual suspects
  I didn't have a Tiki drink but the umbrella drink I did have was great. It might have been a Zombie.


One of the reasons I was at Fong's was to try the Crab Rangoon Pizza. I like Crab Rangoon, I like pizza, seemed like a winning combo. And, I'm happy to say, it was.

Crab Rangoon Pizza
 Fong's also has pizza by the slice served for lunch, Happy Hour and on their late night menu. The Dining Companion had the lunch slices that day, sausage and cheese.


The slices were good. While the crust was pretty standard for Midwest pizza the sauce was excellent. Spicy without overwhelming the topping and just really flavorful.

Unlike the High Life Lounge, I don't think Fong's will become a part of our regular stops in Des Moines, But, if I find myself craving a great Tiki drink or an unusual pizza topping, Fong's will be at the top of my list.

Happy dining!




No comments:

Post a Comment