Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Las Vegas - 3am Omelettes and a bottomless cup of Joe


Las Vegas was one of those places on my someday list. I was in no hurry to visit but I knew I would get there "someday". Well someday rolled around in the guise of an invitation to meet up with some friends.
Friends of mine from California were going to drive out to Vegas and we would fly out and meet them there. And so it was we spent three days in Las Vegas at a resort off the strip and had a great time.




Our time was spent between lounging by the pool, plugging a few quarters in the slots and visiting Fremont Street. One of the best parts about Las Vegas is that the place is going 24/7. So when I woke up at 3:00am there was always something to do. Jet lag? Time change? No problem! You're in Vegas, you can eat drink and make merry at anytime of the day. Gotta love it.







Next time we visit Vegas, and I'm pretty sure there'll be a next time, I'll stay on the strip, and experience the Vegas everyone whose been there talks about. But for a first visit I couldn't have been happier than staying where we did, lounging by the pool, drinking tropical drinks (brought right to my lounge chair, thankyouverymuch) and just relaxing.





It was Vegas 101, an easy introduction to all that the city has to offer. Next time it's a room with a strip view, dinner at a famous chef driven restaurant and a great show. The traditional Las Vegas trifecta and one I'm looking forward to hitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment