Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Travel




We're going to Dollywood. I know, Dollywood! I can't wait. I'm looking forward to seeing the mountains lit with the red, yellow and orange colors of fall and to seeing what this iconic southern tourist area is all about.
I'm most looking forward to seeing the work of the craftsmen and artisans that ply their trades at Dollywood. Woodworkers, candle makers, glass blowers. It should be a fun trip.



After that, the Georgia Guidestones. If you're like me and have never heard of the Georgia Gudestones until now, take a second and google them. Sometime in the late 1970's a mysterious benefactor commissioned the creation and installation of this massive granite monument located in Elbert County Georgia. Sometimes referred to as the American Stonehenge, the monument is inscribed with 10 guidelines for how we should live on the Earth. I'm totally fascinated and can't wait to see it in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment