Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Trafford - Warren, Rhode Island

I was recently in New England visiting family. It's a beautiful time of year to be in that part of the country. While I was there I had lunch at Trafford in Warren with my lovely sister and my awesome BIL.

Trafford is located by the water in Warren and takes advantage of that fact with great outdoor seating and pretty views. It was a gorgeous day.

 
  
 
While we looked over the menu our server told us about the daily drink special. It did have a name, I think. Wonderful Peach something or other. I remember that it involved fresh peaches and other things and was very tasty.




We selected a couple of starters to share while we sipped our peach drinks and admired the view.
Trafford Crab Cakes - Roasted corn salsa, Chipotle aioli and micro cilantro
Fried Oysters - Fruit salsa, Chipotle remoulade
The crab cakes were very nice; more crab than filler. You'd be surprised at how many disappointing crab cakes I've had that tasted more like cracker cakes. Not so here. The fried oysters were small but flavorful. The fruit salsa really set off the flavors. I wouldn't have thought the combination of fruit and oysters would work but it did here.

After another round of peach drinks we ordered our mains. My BIL and I had the Fish & Chips and my lovely sister had the Chicken Panini.

Fish & Chips - Fresh cod, tartar sauce, coleslaw and fries
Chicken Panini - Balsamic glaze, mozzarella, tomato and basil pesto
The fish wasn't dipped in the type of batter I've come to expect with fish and chips. This was a lighter, less greasy coating that let the flavor of the fish stand out. I enjoyed it. A surprising but overall better option than the heavier, traditional batter. 

The panini looked great and I was told tasted great as well. Both the panini and the fish and chips came with the same hand-cut fries. 

The food at Trafford was just different enough to be interesting while still keeping enough traditional elements to be familiar.





Trafford is a lovely restaurant both inside and out. The food is good and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. A nice place to enjoy a summer day and catch up with friends and family.

Happy dining!


 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment