Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Down on the Corner - In four places at once



I want to travel out west and stand at the Four Corners Monument. It's something that I've always wanted to see. I've been doing some research and trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this goal.
I'm thinking we would fly into Las Vegas and then drive. Maybe see the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam too.


I realized the other day that I have a handful of states left to visit to complete the contiguous 48. (Alaska and Hawaii are on the list too with Alaska being most likely to get visited first.) I still have Arizona, New Mexico, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Denver, Washington and Oregon. Having been all over the Northeast, the South, and the Midwest, this is whats left.

 I had the idea at one time that we would see the west by train. I still would love to do that. There's just something about train travel that lends itself to adventure. For now I think we'll stick to the fly/drive route. But I haven't counted train travel out, not at all.



I'm really looking forward to seeing the western part of the US. Is there anyone of us who hasn't dreamed of driving Route 66? I want to see Cadillac Stone Henge, the Painted Desert, Arches National Park. And Roswell! Aliens, the age old debate of green or red chilies (both please). So, so much to see and do. 

The Four Corners, the Grand Canyon and all points west. Get out your best sunsets, your tastiest food and roll out the welcome mat, cause we'll be coming for you soon.

Happy travels! 

No comments:

Post a Comment