Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Nature of Things



Most people who know me know that I am not the outdoorsy type. Not at all. I'm on record as saying that sleeping under the stars is fine as long as there are at least five of them. I may be heard uttering the phrase "I hate nature" if I feel that there's too much of it around me; you know, trees, grass, bugs, nature-y things.

I do, however, love nature through the lens of my camera, through the windows that surround me, from a distance. I try to capture the feel of the places that we visit when we travel and part of that is a places flora and fauna. I may hate it up close and in person but I can't deny its beauty.






 Sometimes the beauty of the landscape is in its starkness.


 

While I'll never love it, I will continue to capture the natural beauty that surrounds us.



Sometimes it's the unexpected that catches the eye






How could I deny The 4 Pound Wonder her enjoyment of all things outdoors





I'll never be a fan of the untamed outdoors but I have learned to appreciate it. As long as it doesn't get to close to me because no, just no.

Happy traveling!





No comments:

Post a Comment