Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Copeland's of New Orleans - Atlanta, GA



While breakfast is easily my favorite meal of the day, Sunday brunch is my favorite meal of the week. One of the places I love to have brunch is Copeland's of New Orleans. Everything I could want for brunch and more.


There are the usual suspects, eggs, bacon, sausages, waffles, French toast and bacon, lots of bacon. As if that wasn't enough Copeland's also serves up some New Orleans style dishes like jambalaya and shrimp étouffée.

Jambalaya, Red Beans & Rice, Mashed sweet potatoes and a light as air biscuit
Perfectly cooked and seasoned shrimp

Peel and Eat Shrimp, Waldorf Salad and Pesto Caprese Salad
 There is a large boat of peel and eat shrimp, a carving station featuring roast beef and ham and an omelet station.



Bacon, spinach and mushroom omelet
 A cold bar features several salads. A great take on a caprese salad with cubes of mozzarella and cherry tomatoes tossed in a pesto dressing and a very nice Waldorf salad full of crisp apples and walnuts.


 The best part of the brunch buffet,for me,is dessert. There are brownies and other things but the star of the show has to be the white chocolate, raspberry bread pudding. So good. This week there was also a banana and pecan bread pudding so I tried that too. Oh, and a praline.

Banana Bread Pudding, Fresh Whipped Cream, White Chocolate Raspberry Bread Pudding & a Praline


Due to local liquor laws you can't have a Mimosa or Bloody Mary until after noon. Brunch starts at 10:00am so if you want to have a drink plan accordingly.

I recommend Copeland's brunch without reservation. The food is fresh and flavorful, the service is good and it's a fun place to have Sunday brunch. (I don't usually highlight chains here, I figure they get enough promotion, I do however have a few that I frequent. Copeland's is one of those.)

No comments:

Post a Comment